Mountaing Bike Trip Grade
We believe in individual differences that mean we all have different level of riding in a person to person. In other hand trails grading system in different part of the world has different dimension. Our home playground is different it is because we have no bike parks in Nepal and our cycling association has not conducted the official grading yet. So we tried to keep simple so that our grading will give an idea to our participants. We are always here to carter the need of every participant no matter what their physical and technical level is! We have already crafted all kind of tours from easy family styles, moderate ride for intermediate riders and moderate hard (challenging) rides for intermediate to advanced riders. We can cope up with all the level of participants to make sure all our guest/rider are happy based on their physical, technical and social needs while with us in their holiday.
It is always hard to Judge the grade of the route and ourselves when heading to different location and different country. However, no matter where we go there are some important factors that detect the grade of the trails. That is uphill and downhill with technical section, high altitude and distance. We tried our best to keep it simple by installing in 3 grades which is given below.
- Easy: for those participant who have basic skill on handling bike with flat road, flat off-road and along the river, lake and farm land and do not have high level of fitness willing to ride 10 to 20 Km in a day.
- Moderate: for those who love keep pedaling on certain degree of off-road , double track, single track, some uphill and downhill with moderate difficult technical sections with good level of fitness who rides 3 to 4 times a month in a relatively long distance.
- Hard: for those who have been riding bikes from many years and gained a good level of fitness comfortable on intense uphill, downhill, single track with technical section such as rocks, roots, slippery, obstacles and jumps. Willing to ride a long distance as long as get tired but happy tired.
Our hiking and trekking tours have something to offer for everyone, from those who enjoy an easy, gentle walk to long distance trekkers. Our grading indicator for our trekking holidays ranges from Easy to Strenuous that gives a general idea of what you can expect from the many different trips we offer. It is just an idea and we will give you more detailed info on the particular trip that you are interested please ask more questions regarding your particular trip and related destinations. Here are the short descriptions of the grade as follow.
- Easy: it is an easy kind of trip which anyone can participate of the following activities such as sightseeing, visiting local villages, monuments, forest and there might be short walk from 1 to 2 hours on flat and gentle and baby climb. Suitable for children, elderly people and anyone who like to make recreational types of holiday.
- Gentle: trekking holidays in this grade typically can be easy and gentle walk. It will be 3 to 4 hours walking on gentle trails with some sightseeing, trail will be generally on low altitude. Trekking may involved gentle ascend and descends with no slippery, rocks and roots. In some places trail can be rough in shorter distance. We will be using tea houses, hotel and camping in such kind of trips. Anyone with good health condition can participate in such a holiday.
Moderate: in this kind of trip grade usually involve 4 to 7 days hiking and trekking holidays. You will often venture into more remote country sides, hills and mountain. It may involve some passes through lower altitude and few high altitudes as well. Trails will be often stair cases, lots of ascending and descending with existing ages old local trails. We may reach up to 3200 meter to 4200 meter passes. In those holidays, we will be staying home stay, local guest house, tea houses and camping may involve in certain places. You should have good health condition and good level of fitness to enjoy this kind of trekking and hiking.
Hard: it this kind of trails which is harder than the moderate one that often involve steep climb, descends with rocks, sandy and loose trails. You might face uneven trails and wilderness sometimes. Such kind of trails will go through higher places and more rural villages, forest, river, cliffs and narrow trails as well. Trekking distance might be 4 to 7 hours; the trip duration can be one week to 3 weeks.
Strenuous: These kinds of tours are generally longer than moderate trip. Terrain, landscapes, path will harder and often high altitudes involves and should consider acclimatization. High passes up to 4200 m to 5500 meters and climate might change very sharply and you may need to trek through snow and glacier. Walking distance can be 5 to 10 hours in a day in harder days. We will be staying in tea houses, home stay and local guest houses. You must have higher level of fitness, enthusiasm and courage to do this kind of holiday.
Note: our trails are much harder than anywhere in the world it is because the nature of topography intense climbs high altitude and uneven off the beaten path and climate are the most influencing factors for our ride.
Please do not hesitate to contact us, we are very happy to help you to choose the right trip and make a wonderful holiday in Nepal.