- Group size1 to 12 peoples
- Max-Altitude:3800 m /12467ft
- Fitness level : Moderate/Hard
- Destination : Nepal
- Arrival on: Kathmandu
- Departure From: Pokhara
- Average Ride Distance: 20 to 35 Km in a day
Our XC Nepal is a classic biking trip. It offers magical riding opportunities from low land (Tarai) to Himalayan heights, embraced by culture, nature and awe-inspiring topography through the foot hills. Starting from Kathmandu, we explore this fascinating hub of culture and its medieval market squares, narrow lanes and hundreds of ancient Buddhist and Hindu temples. The next leg of our journey takes us to one of Asia’s premium wildlife reserves. The wild and mysterious Chitwan National Park is hometo the royal Bengal Tiger, the one-horned rhino and many other fascinating species, including several hundred birds. We explore the jungle by two wheels, foot and elephant ride. In the evening we relax in beautiful surroundings as the sun sets over the plains of India. After Chitwan, we head north, where we will ride some of the most exciting trails in the Himalayas - singletracks and double dirt road based on your riding style. We will take you into the heart of the majestic Annapurna Range and spend amazing days through breath-taking scenery, ancient cultures and charming villages.
Highlights of the Trip
- One of the best trips
- Cultural shock to those visiting Nepal for the first time
- World Heritage sites of Kathmandu
- Crazy, busy Kathmandu, Temples and Monasteries
- Jungle Safari in Chitwan and Native culture of Tharu people
- One horned Rhinos and wild life
- XC trails in three types of topography from low land to high Himalayas
- Epic rides and Himalayan cultural experience
- Welcoming friendly people
- Prayers flags and clockwise rounding of Monasteries
- Eternal flame, mixed Buddhist and Hindu culture
- Apple garden, apple cider and apple brandy
- Himalayan high desert, Alpine forest to tropical topography
- View 3 eight-thousand meter peaks from one place
- Biking through various areas that Nepal has to offer
Proposed Trip Itinerary
Please keep in mind; this is only an outline/sample itinerary. We understand that every rider is different, so we design each trip to cater to the specific needs of the group/individual. Easy, Moderate, Advanced, faster, chilled, or cruising…. Whatever your style – it’s your holiday/vacation/trip not a boot camp! We are here to listen, consult and understand your needs. We believe on your day you decide!
Day 01: Received by our representative at the airport and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Ride in Kathmandu Valley or sightseeing.
Day 03: Transfer to Chitwan National Park.
Day 04 : Mountain biking Chitwan National park.
Day 05: Jungle Safari and drive to Pokhara
Day 06: Biking in Pokhara
Day 07: Biking from Pokhara to BegnasLake
Day 08: Biking from Begnas Lake to Pokhara
Day 09: Drive from Pokhara to Jomsom
Day 10: Biking from Jomsom to Jharkot
Day 11: Biking from Jharkot to Muktinath, then ride down to Marpha
Day 12: Marpha to Tatopani
Day 13:: Tatopani to Pokhara
Day 14: Pokhara to Kathmandu
Day 15:Kathmandu to fly back home.
Information: Our accommodations during the trip will be equivalent to two or three-star hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara. Rooms will be shared with the option of requesting a separate room. Up in the mountains, accommodations will be at local guest houses/teahouses and will be a bit rustic. You will experience how the local villagers live. Food will be a balanced diet which will include local and international dishes. You can choose from the menu each day to try new and different tastes. All the transfers are by a private Jeep/van/ bus (based on group size).
Note: Above mentioned itinerary is just an outline and will be flexible day to day based on our daily physical demand and wishes.
In case of unexpected circumstances such as a political problem, natural calamities, bad weather or any event which may involve risk to our participants, PMTBA reserves the right to modify the program.
- Airport Pick up and Drop Off
- Mountain bike guide
- Hard Tail Mountain Bike
- Porter to carry your luggage
- Mineral water
- Full accommodations (13 nights) and meals (from starting day dinner through lunch on the final day)
- ACAP Permit and TIMS
- Bike cargo from Pokhara to Jomsom
Not included in the price:
- Nepalese visa
- Flight to and from Nepal
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks such as soft drinks and other beverages
- Travel, activities and medical insurance
- Personal safety, MTB gear and equipment
- Full suspension bike (optional - additional 300 Euros)
- Gratuity to guides, porters and supporting staff.
Dates and Cost
We are very flexible with Departure Dates if below dates and prices are not suitable then please let us know via email we are very happy to customize your trip.
- 3rd September 2017 to 17th September 2017
- 30th September 2017 to 14th October 2017
- 25th October 2017 to 8th November 2017
- 15th November 2017 to 28th November 2017
- 1st December 2017 to 15th December 2017
- 1st April 2018 to 15th April 2018
- 16th April 2018 to 30th April 2018
- 3rd May 2018 to 18th May 2018