- Group size 2 to 10 peoples
- Max-Altitude: 4200 m/13779ft
- Fitness level : Moderate/Hard
- Destination : Nepal
- Arrival on: Kathmandu
- Departure From: Pokhara
- Distance: 350 KM Approx
- Average Ride Distance: 20 to 35 Km in a day
We all kept hearing that there is a heaven on Earth and wonder if it is only a cosmic myth. But once we get access to this land of amazement with unanswered wonders - you realize that this might be the real one! The Forbidden Kingdom of Upper Mustang offers an immense opportunity to see and embrace the untouched lifestyle of the local people, inspiring social practice and authentic religious and cultural aspects of their lives and wonderful landscapes on natural Himalayan biking trails. This could be the real Biking heaven on Earth. Words are not enough to describe the existing heaven - we need to get there and enjoy the glory. The Upper Mustang is a ‘bucket list’ ride for mountain bikers/hikers from all over the world.
Highlights of the Trip
- Access to what used to be a restricted area
- Untouched lifestyle - no modernization
- Amazing topography and cultural shock
- Enriched by Tibetan culture
- Top bucket list biking destination
- Epic ride and epic flights in between two 800+ meter peaks
- Meeting local people with traditional greeting
- Prayers flags and clockwise rounding of Monasteries
- Eternal flame, mixed Buddhist and Hindu culture
- Apple garden, apple cider and apple brandy
- Himalayan high desert to tropical topography
- View 3 eight thousand meter peaks from one place.
- Biking through ages old infrastructure and salt trading route to Tibet
- Hustle and bustle city of Kathmandu with lots of temple and monasteries
Proposed Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel and sightseeing around.
Day 02: Transfer to Pokhara on a Jeep
Day 03: Ride around Pokhara
Day 04 : Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom (2720m) and ride to Kagbeni (2810m)
Day 05: Ride from Kagbeni to Chele (3050m)
Day 06: Ride from Chele to Syanboche (3800) via Taklam la (3624m) Dajori la (3735m)
Bhena la (3860) Yamda la (3860)
Day 07: Ride from Syanboche to Dhakmar (3820) via Nyi la (4010m) Ghemi la (3765m)
From Ghemi some places we have to push to Dhakmar
Day 08: Ride from Dhakmar to Lo-Manthang (3810m) Via Mui la (4170m) Marang La (4230m) we need to push on some parts of this pass. After Marang La pass we will all ride downhill to Lo-Manthang
Day 09: Rest Day Lo-Manthang (or we can ride the Garphu and Kimaling loop – all ride-able) this is optional - we are happy to ride if the group desires.
Day 10: Ride from Lo-Manthang to Yara (3650m) Via Ghara and Luri Gumpa 70% ride able
Day 11: Ride from Yara to Tangye (3240m) 65% ride able
Day 12: Ride from Tangye to Chhusang (2980m) via Pa 4200m from Pa all downhill till Chhusang. It will be approximately 80% ride-able.
Day 13: Ride from Chhusang to Muktinath (3700M) Via Gyu la (4077m) 50% ride-able from Gyu La pass is downhill to Muktinath or we can do optional ride via Kagbeni which would be 100% ride-able on a jeep track.
Day 14: Ride from Muktinath to Kalopani (2530m) via Lupra pass (4000m) one of the best single tracks Lower Mustang has to offer.
Day 15: Ride from Kalopani to Beni (830m) and drive to Pokhara.
Day 16: Pokhara to Kathmandu by private Jeep and fly back home or extend your holiday.
Note: Above mentioned itinerary is just an outline and will be flexible day to day based on our daily physical demand and wishes.
In case of unexpected circumstances such as a political problem, natural calamities, bad weather or any event which may involve risk to our participants, PMTBA reserves the right to modify the program.
- Guides and Porters
- Food and Accommodations
- Mineral water
- Special permit $500
- ACAP permit and TIMS
- Bike cargo charge from Pokhara to Jomsom and extra luggage
- Guide and porters flight, food and accommodations and insurance
- All transportation by private Jeep
- Flight ticket from Pokhara to Jomsom
- Local taxes
- Mountain bike hard tail rental
Not included in the price:
- Alcoholic drinks
- Personal travel and medical insurance
- International airfare to KTM and back home
- Visa fee in Nepal
- Emergency evacuation/rescue insurance
- Tip for support guide, porter and supporting staff
- Dual suspension bike (to hire a bike from our store, you will get a discounted price of 250 Euros for the trip)
Dates and Cost
We are very flexible with Departure Dates if below dates and prices are not suitable then please let us know via email we are very happy to customize your trip.
- 1st April 2018 to 15th April 2018
- 16th April 2018 to 30th April 2018
- 3rd May 2018 to 18th May 2018
- 10th June, 2018 to 24th June 2018
- 1st July, 2018 to 15th July, 2018
- 15th August, 2018 to 19th August, 2018
- 5th September, 2018 to 19th September, 2018
- 1st October, 2018 to 15th October, 2018
- 1st November, 2018 to 15th November, 2018