- Group size 2 to 10 peoples
- Max-Altitude: 4200 m/13779ft
- Fitness level : Moderate/Hard
- Destination : Nepal
- Arrival on: Kathmandu
- Departure From: Pokhara
- Distance: 350 KM Approx
- Average Ride Distance: 20 to 35 Km in a day
Closed walled city Lo-Manthang, Upper Mustang Nepal before 1992 now became the top tourism destination of the world. One of the cultural attractions of the Lo-Manthang is the TeeJi (Tenchi) festival. ‘TeeJi’ word derivates from ‘Temba Chhirim’ refers to the “prayer for world peace” via Buddhism. The TeeJi Festival takes place annually in the month of May according to Tibetan Calendar in Lo-Manthang, the Capital of Mustang district and the former Tibetan Kingdom of Lo. TeeJi festival refers to chasing the demon from the Kingdom. It is centered on the TeeJi myth. Teeji festival is a history of deity named Dorge Jono who must battle against his demon father to save the Kingdom of Mustang from destruction. The demon father wreaks havoc on Mustang by creating a water shortage which in this extremely arid land is the most precious life sustaining resource. Dorge Jono eventually defeats the demon and banishes him from the kingdom.
The Teeji festival is an authentic Buddhist culture of Tibet and during three days festivities monks performs ceremonies, rites and dance to dispel evils and demons from the Lo-Manthang. Upper Mustang is a phenomenal place to ride a mountain bike and in addition with TeeJi festival will be even more magical and added value on our biking trip. This is why we have decided to make an awesome mountain biking Trip in the especial occasion of TeeJi Festival to share this opportunity with our guest in Lo-Manthang Upper Mustang.
Highlights of the Trip
- Access to what used to be a restricted area
- Untouched lifestyle - no modernization
- Amazing topography and cultural shock
- Enriched by Tibetan culture
- Top bucket list biking destination
- Epic ride and epic flights in between two 800+ meter peaks
- Meeting local people with traditional greeting
- Prayers flags and clockwise rounding of Monasteries
- Eternal flame, mixed Buddhist and Hindu culture
- Apple garden, apple cider and apple brandy
- Himalayan high desert to tropical topography
- View 3 eight thousand meter peaks from one place.
- Biking through ages old infrastructure and salt trading route to Tibet
- Hustle and bustle city of Kathmandu with lots of temple and monasteries
Proposed Trip Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Transfer to Pokhara
Day 03: Fly to Jomsom and Ride to Kagbeni
Day 04 : Ride from Kagbeni to Chele
Day 05: Ride from Chele to Syangboche
Day 06: Ride from Syangboche to Charang
Day 07: Ride from Charang to Lo-Manthang
Day 08: Lo-Manthang (star TeeJi festival)
Day 09: Lo-Manthang (TeeJi festival)
Day 10: Lo-Manthang (TeeJi festival end)
Day 11:Ride from Lo-Manthang to Ghami
Day 12: Ride from Ghami to Chele
Day 13: 2015 Ride from Chele to Kalopani
Day 14: Ride from Kalopani to Beni and Drive to Pokhara
Note: Above mentioned itinerary is just an outline and will be flexible day to day based on our daily physical demand and wishes.
In case of unexpected circumstances such as a political problem, natural calamities, bad weather or any event which may involve risk to our participants, PMTBA reserves the right to modify the program.
- Experienced English Speaking Mountain Bike Guide
- Mountain bike.
- Porter/Pony/Donkeys to carry luggage
- Airport Pick up and all the land transportation
- Hotel, guest house and tea house accommodation (based on double occupancy)
- Three meals a day
- ACAP permit and TIMS
- Upper Mustang Permit (500$ USD)
Not included in the price:
- Personal Travel and Medical insurance
- Alcoholic drinks, beverage and mineral water in the Himalayas
- International airfare to KTM and back home
- Visa and airport taxes.
- Emergency evacuation/rescue
- Personal items and expenses
Dates and Cost
We are very flexible with Departure Dates if below dates and prices are not suitable then please let us know via email we are very happy to customize your trip.