- Group size1 to 10+ peoples
- Max-Altitude: 4000 m/13123ft
- Fitness level : Moderate/Hard
- Destination : Nepal
- Arrival on: Kathmandu
- Departure From: Pokhara/Kathmandu
- Distance: 300 KM Approx
- Average Ride Distance: 20 to 35 Km in a day
Lower Mustang Valley Biking Tour is a breath-taking mountain biking trip for those who really want to experience an awe-inspiring holiday that offers the most of Nepal witha Himalayan Epic Ride to the low land tropical topography. We also include Jomsom Muktinath which is a famous pilgrimage site for Hindu and Buddhist people. It is believed that once you reach Muktinath and take a bath by walking under 108 water spouts, your sins will be washed away and you will be as innocent as a child again. We will be riding through pristine villages, accommodated by diverse groups of lovely Native people, embraced by high mountain peaks, unique culture and authentic lifestyle. It is an all mountain ride with Enduro oriented trails, however we also could have XC types of trails to tailor the ride to your physical and technical desires or needs for a wonderful mountain biking experienceon the Himalayan trails. Embrace an amazing experience of biking in between the two eight thousand meter mountains of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna I, as we will ride through the deepest gorge in the world.
Highlights of the Trip
- Bucket list and 2ndmost popular mountain biking destination
- Epic ride and epic flights in between two 800+ peaks
- Greeting by and meeting local people
- Prayers flags and clockwise rounding of Monasteries
- Eternal flame, mixed Buddhist and Hindu culture
- Apple garden, apple cider and apple brandy
- Himalayan high desert to tropical topography
- 3 eight thousand meter peaks you can view from one place.
- Biking on a five-hundred- year- old salt trading route to Tibet o seeing remnants of old buildings
- Hustle and bustle city of Kathmandu with lots of temples and monasteries
Proposed Trip Itinerary
Please keep in mind; this is only an outline/sample itinerary. We understand that every rider is different, so we design each trip to cater to the specific needs of the group/individual. Easy, Moderate, Advanced, faster, chilled, or cruising…. Whatever your style – it’s your holiday/vacation/trip not a boot camp! We are here to listen, consult and understand your needs. We believe on your day you decide!
Day 01: Arrival at Ktm airport, pick up and transfer to hotel then sightseeing around.
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara in a private Jeep. Check in to hotel
Day 04 : Pokhara Valley
Day 05: Wake up early. Fly to Jomsom then ride to Kagbeni via Windy Pass. Acclimatization day.
Day 06: Biking from Kagbeni (2800m) to Muktinath (3800m)
Day 07: Biking from Kagbeni (2800m) to Muktinath (3800m)
Day 08: Biking from Marpha to Kalopani (2530m)
Day 09: Kalopani to Tatopani (1190m)
Day 10: Tatopani to Beni and Sarankot (1600m)
Day 11: Biking down from Sarankot to Pokhara
Day 12: Drive or flight back to Kathmandu
Day 13: Fly back home full of good memories in head and heart.
Note: Above mentioned itinerary is just an outline and will be flexible day to day based on our daily physical demand and wishes.
In case of unexpected circumstances such as a political problem, natural calamities, bad weather or any event which may involve risk to our participants, PMTBA reserves the right to modify the program.
- Airport Pick up and Drop Off
- Porter to carry your luggage
- Full accommodation (12nights) and meals (from starting day dinner and lunch on the final day)
- ACAP Permit and TIMS
- Flight from Pokhara to Jomsom if no flight due to bad weather or any other obstacle then we will have optional drive to Jomsom by Jeep.
- Bike cargo from Pokhara to Jomsom
Not included in the price:
- Nepalese visa
- Flight to and from Nepal
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks such as soft drinks and other beverages
- Mineral water
- Travel, activities and medical insurance
- Personal safety, MTB gear and equipment.
- Full suspension bike (if you want to hire 300Euros extra)
- Tips and gratuity for guides, porters and supporting staff.
Dates and Cost
We are very flexible with Departure Dates if below dates and prices are not suitable then please let us know via email we are very happy to customize your trip.
- 3rd September 2017 to 17th September 2017
- 30th September 2017 to 14th October 2017
- 25th October 2017 to 8th November 2017
- 15th November 2017 to 28th November 2017
- 1st December 2017 to 15th December 2017
- 1st April 2018 to 15th April 2018
- 16th April 2018 to 30th April 2018
- 3rd May 2018 to 18th May 2018