- Group size1 to 12 peoples
- Max-Altitude:5,416 m/17769ft
- Fitness level : Moderate/Hard
- Destination : Nepal
- Arrival on: Kathmandu
- Departure From: Pokhara/Kathmandu
- Distance: 400 KM approx
- Average Ride Distance: 20 to 35 Km in a day
The Majestic Annapurna Circuit has been considered one of the best high altitude trails for trekkers from all over the world. In recent years, the construction of jeep trails accessing the majority of the Annapurna Circuit has brought many changes to the region affecting trekkers and mountain bikers. Most significantly for us, as avid mountain bikers and MTB tour operators, we have gained access to high altitude biking trails that cannot be matched anywhere else on earth. This stunning bike trip takes us to some of the most beautiful places in the world and it is not hard to see why it has become a trip riders dream about. Circling the spectacular Annapurna massif of numerous 600-800m peaks, the biking trails pass through two geographically and culturally distinct river valleys, which are separated by Himalayan high dessert and then pine forest. We’ll ride through subtropical jungle, encountering towering cliffs, waterfalls and pristine mountain villages with temples and monasteries. This unique route also includes a Mani wall and prayer wheels, apple orchards, natural hot springs, and a variety of flora and fauna along the way through various terrain and landscapes. We promise an awe-inspiring, jaw dropping experience on this mountain bike journey.
Highlights of the Trip
- Legendary pass and challenging trails
- High altitude ride
- Thorong-La Pass 5416 meters
- Pine forest, Apple orchard
- Wow moments each day as we ride through diverse terrain and topography
- GangaPurna Glacier Lake
- Temples and Monasteries with colorful prayer flags
- Waterfalls, flora and fauna
- Jaw-dropping views
- Natural hot spring to soak in as therapy after a long ride
- Meeting locals and embracing their lifestyle
Proposed Trip Itinerary
Please keep in mind; this is only an outline/sample itinerary. We understand that every rider is different, so we design each trip to cater to the specific needs of the group/individual. Easy, Moderate, Advanced, faster, chilled, or cruising…. Whatever your style – it’s your holiday/vacation/trip not a boot camp! We are here to listen, consult and understand your needs. We believe on your day you decide!
Day 01: Arrival in KTM Airport, received by our team and transfer to hotel. Sightseeing based on available time.
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara
Day 03: Biking in Pokhara Valley to get familiar with your bike on a warm up ride.
Day 04 : Drive from Pokhara to Besisahar then ride to Syange (1100m)
Day 05: Biking from Syange to Dharapani (1860m)
Day 06: Biking from Dharapani to Chame (2670m)
Day 07: Biking from Chame to Manang (3540m)
Day 08: Rest in Manang with time for exploration to get acclimatized.
Day 09: Biking from Manang to Yak Kharka (4050m)
Day 10: Biking from Yak Kharka to Phedi (4450m)
Day 11: Biking from Phedi to Muktinath via Thorong-La Pass 5416 m
Day 12: Biking from Muktinath to Marpha (2670m)
Day 13:: Biking from Marpha to Tatopani (1190m)
Day 14: Biking from Tatopani to Beni then drive to Pokhara. Trip over!
Day 15: Drive back to Kathmandu or extend your holiday.
Note: Above mentioned itinerary is just an outline and will be flexible day to day based on our daily physical demands and wishes.
In case of unexpected circumstances such as political problems, natural calamities, bad weather and any event which may incur a risk to our participants, PMTBA reserves the right to modify the program.
- Airport Pick up on arrival and drop off after the trip
- Hard tail Mountain bike
- Mountain Bike Guide and Porter
- Food and accommodations (first day dinner to final day breakfast)
- TIMS and Permit
- All the transportation
- Food, accommodations, salary, insurance and transportation for supporting staff
Not included in the price:
- Visa fee to Nepal
- Flight to and from Nepal
- Alcoholic drinks
- Dual suspension bike
- Beverage/soft drinks and mineral water in mountains
- Travel, activity, medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Tipping for guides, porters and supporting staff
Dates and Cost
We are very flexible with Departure Dates if below dates and prices are not suitable then please let us know via email we are very happy to customize your trip.
- 18th December 2017 to 1st January 2018
- 7th March 2018 to 21st March 2018
- 1st April 2018 to 15th April 2018
- 18th April 2018 to 2nd May 2018
- 10th May 2018 to 24th May 2018
- 1st August, 2018 to 15th August, 2018
- 28th August, 2018 to 11th September, 2018
- 15th September, 2018 to 29th September, 2018
- 1st October, 2018 to 15th October, 2018
- 25th October, 2018 to 8th November, 2018
- 15th November, 2018 to 29th November, 2018
- 1st December, 2018 to 15th December, 2018